The class implements access to mailboxes using the POP3 protocol.
- Support secure connections using TLS
- Provides a stream wrapper class to access messages like files using fopen('pop3://user:pass@localhost/1', 'r');
- POP3 server access using standard and APOP login methods
- Authentication mechanisms implemented by SASL client classes like PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, NTLM (Windows or Linux/Unix via Samba), XOAUTH2, etc...
- Determining mailbox statistics (mailbox size in bytes and the number of stored messages)
- Listing of individual message sizes and identifier numbers
- Retrieving messages in data blocks of limited size to not exceed the available memory
- Retrieving messages all at once, separating the headers from the body, and limiting the number of message lines that it may retrieve at once
- Marking messages to be deleted
- Resetting the list of messages to be deleted
- Issuing of protocol NOOP command to avoid connection shutdown while in an idle state